Job Title: Administrator (part time, 2 days per week pro rata)
Salary: Competitive (based on experience and qualifications)
Reporting to: CEO
Through Unity (TU) is a small charity made up of a coalition of families bereaved through homicide who have come together to provide mutual support. The charity provides peer support for families bereaved through violent crime; as well as enabling families “to tell their story” in order to deter young people from crime.
An administrator is required to work closely with the CEO and volunteers to provide administrative support and to help develop the charity. There may also be a requirement to deliver small project research on occasions.
The successful applicant will develop knowledge of who the volunteers & families are (both external and internal) and understand the organisation’s aims and objectives.
Through Unity deals with families who have suffered traumatic loss; discretion, understanding, patience and confidentiality are essential attributes.
- devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
- screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the CEO;
- carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- organising and attending meetings – ensuring the TU representative is well prepared for meetings;
- gathering information for newsletter & website – drafting copy
- liaising with families, funders and other TU agents.
- carrying out specific projects and research as directed;
- producing newsletters / marketing campaigns
- assisting in the organisation of events run by TU
- taking on some of the CEO’s responsibilities and working more closely with directors;
- Good organisational skills
- PC proficient including word, excel, publisher and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- An understanding of the effects of trauma on individuals and families
- Multi-tasking skills
- Ability to prioritise and delegate
- Planning skills
- to abide by all of Through Unity’s Policies especially with regards to confidentiality and data protection