Through Unity are a charity which provides for:
- SUPPORT FOR FAMILIES WHO HAVE LOST LOVED ONES TO KNIFE, GUN AND GANG CRIME.
- RAISING AWARENESS OF THE IMPACTS OF VIOLENT CRIME THROUGH PRESENTATIONS AND SAFETY EVENTS.
- CITIZENSHIP THROUGH RECREATION-DRAMA, MUSIC, DANCE AND SPORT.
- CREATING EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES, WORKING WITH PARTNERS TO FACILITATE MENTORING, EMPLOYMENT AND APPRENTICESHIPS.
- CAMPAIGN FOR JUSTICE, CHAMPIONING THE RIGHTS OF VICTIMS.
At its core, Through Unity is a coalition of families who have come together because of their experiences of bereavement and homicide to provide support and care to other affected individuals and families.
We call on all Organisations, Community Groups, Local Authorities, Government Departments and concerned individuals to collaborate to bring about solutions to the causes of the problems associated with violence in our communities.
We must develop a clear clarion call, a common voice in order to be properly heard.